What is LifeForce Yoga®?
LifeForce Yoga® was founded by Amy Weintraub, MFS, e-RYT 500, author of Yoga for Depression and Yoga Skills for Therapists. It is an application of yoga specifically designed to balance and manage mood symptoms such as anxiety and depression, in a gentle, compassionate manner.
LifeForce Yoga® utilizes breathing practices, meditation techniques, vibrational tones, and simple postures to release the places in the mind and body where tension, grief, and trauma are stored.
LifeForce Yoga® is an evidence-based practice, with research showing that participation in a comprehensive LifeForce Yoga® program led to decreased symptoms of depression, as well as other associated physical or mood states. These changes were maintained over time, as shown by statistically significant post-hoc testing.
[ International Journal of Yoga Therapy-No. 18 (2008). ]
“ Debbie Lubetkin is the embodiment of the Boddhisatva of Compassion Kuan Yin in the ways she serves her patients and her students. As the former Mentoring Director for the LifeForce Yoga® Healing Institute, her compassionate wisdom guides our LifeForce Yoga® Practitioners. In the years she has been serving LifeForce Yoga® Practitioners and our students, I have come to know Debbie as a person who calmly and with clarity brings unity to our diverse community. She has become a much admired and loyal friend. ” – Amy Weintraub, Founder of LifeForce Yoga®
LifeForce Yoga® Is…
- …based on the notion of what is right with me, not what is wrong with me.
- …an evidence-based practice that results in increased levels of "feel-good" hormones, and decreased levels of stress hormones.
- …a practice that physiologically balances the endocrine system.
- …a practice that elevates mood.
- …a practice that promotes states of calm alertness.
- …a means to help address unresolved emotional patterns, leading to increased self-awareness.
- …a practice that enhances personal psychotherapy.
- …available through individual sessions and/or group classes; programs are customized to meet individual needs.
- …for everyone-no experience is needed!